Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Todays Word of Blessing, September 13, 2017

BE UNITED WITH THE LORD IN SPIRIT

Bro. D.G.S Dhinakaran
13 Sep
"a brother is born for adversity."    (Proverbs 17:17)
Dearly beloved,

Once, while Jesus was talking to the crowd, His mother and brothers stood outside, waiting to speak to Him. Jesus was informed about this for which He questioned them, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” He then, pointing to His disciples said, "whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” You and I are called by our Lord Jesus Christ as His brother and sister when we do the perfect will of the Father (Matthew 12:46-50).

The Joy of having a brother or sister is known only to those who have one. I am the only son for my parents and I never had the privilege of having such joy. When my wife delivered my daughter Angel, I was so happy for my son Paul, as he would enjoy having a sibling.
There lived two brothers in a family. These young boys enjoyed the companionship of each other. The elder brother was tormented by severe pain in his feet every day exactly at 6 pm. Unable to bear the excruciating pain he would go and knock his head on the wall and due to that would get hurt. The younger brother would run to him and hold him tight that he wouldn’t hurt himself. As days passed by, they noticed something peculiar, adding to their mystery. The younger brother developed severe pain in his hand at the exact time when the elder brother would suffer the pain in his feet. Look! The younger brother literally took the pain of his elder brother into his hands. The Bible Says "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity" (Proverbs 17:17).

When you come to our Lord Jesus Christ, you are united with His body; you are united with His bones; you are united with His flesh. That is why we read in Isaiah 53:9 that the Lord is afflicted every time when His children are afflicted. 1 Corinthians 6:17 says "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.” Dear children of God! Our spirit becomes united with the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Samuel 18: 1,3 says that Jonathan loved David as his own soul. Their souls were knit together. That is how our Lord Jesus Christ loves us. He unites us with His love. Hebrews 2:11 says "Jesus is not ashamed to call us as His brothers and sisters". Many times we deny Him and fall short of His expectations, still He looks at us and says, "He is my brother/she is my sister."

"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)

So don’t be discouraged. Jesus will not leave you or forsake you. He will be with you and deliver you at times of your need.
Prayer:
Loving Heavenly father, Great is your faithfulness. Thank you for accepting me as your friend and as your brother/sister. Thank you for bearing our sins on the cross so that we are delivered and united with you in spirit. Continue to hold us in your mighty hands. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment